Winter time is fast approaching…and your vehicle’s safe performance becomes even more critical during harsh weather.
Here are several key warning signs that a brake inspection for your vehicle is highly advisable:
- Brake Light Indicator – yes, the proverbial idiot light on your dashboard is light up or flashing
- Vibration – your foot feels the brake pedal pulse or vibrate even during a normal stop or normal braking secnario
- Hard Pedal – abnormally heavy pressure must be applied to the brake pedal before the brakes engage sufficiently
- Grabbing – even the slightest tap to the brake pedal causes the brakes to grab
- Low Pedal – brakes sink almost to the floor before they engage or produce stopping power
The Car Care Council is a trusted and highly recognized consumer advocate…offering informational “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaigns that promote the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For a copy of the council’s Car Care Guide or for more information, visit www.carcare.org.